Sitting on a stunning 5-acre lot nestled into the woods and surrounded by wildflowers and berries, Samish Solar Home is an oasis for a growing family of mountain bikers and nature enthusiasts.
Along with this home’s solar array making it net-zero, it has an added level of resiliency with its 28,000-gallon rainwater cistern that supplies the house and its fire suppression system with water. The rainwater is filtered through a sediment filter, activated carbon filter, and UV filter to ensure it is fit for domestic use.
Built using TC Legend’s tried-and-true methods, Samish Solar Home exemplifies what our construction strategies can produce. Just look at these stats!
- 2345 sqft heated living space & 234 sqft unheated sunroom
- 1600 sqft barn with 895 sqft loft
- 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom
- Net Zero Energy
- 1st floor aging-in-place
- Passive solar heating/cooling design
- Insulation: R-29 walls & R-59 ceiling
- Air Sealing: 0.27ACH
- HERS Index: -20
- Annual Energy Cost Savings: $2432
- Certifications: DOE Zero Energy Ready Home certified, ENERGY STAR certified, EPA Indoor airPLUS certified, anticipated Built Green 5-star certified
- Ventiliation: Fantech Hero 250 with built in HEPA filter. Built-in humidity, temperature, and CO2
- Heating/Cooling: Chilltrix CX-34; hydronic radiant floor heating downstairs and a fan coil unit upstairs
- PV: 10.8kW solar array with Enphase microinverters and battery ready
- Timber framed entry
- Locally made cherry cabinets
- Certified metal cool roof
- Greenguard Gold Maple flooring
- No/Low-VOC finishes
- Fir doors and trim
- Triple pane, Low-E coated, argon-filled vinyl windows